500 Recessed LED Lights!
In the recent Wall Street Journal Opinion piece “A Bright Future for LED,” the author, Alan E. Salzman, says “By 2020, you’re not going to be able to buy a light source other than an LED.” Don’t cry for the light bulb, though! Our customers are are actively helping make this transition a reality.
Willow Glen Electric is proud to announce that we recently installed our 500th recessed LED light! These are 500 lights that won’t need to be changed for over 20 years. These 500 LEDs are saving massive amounts of electricity, reducing pollution, and keeping thousands of dollars in your pockets! Modern LED light is beautiful, energy and cost efficient, and virtually indistinguishable from older halogen and incandescent light. Here are some amazing numbers that highlight the savings from the 500 LEDs:
- 35,000 hours of light per recessed LED light fixture
- Over $285,000 saved on electricity costs over the life of all 500 lights
- Each LED light lasts the equivalent of 14 Halogen bulbs
- Over 750 tons of Carbon Dioxide pollution saved
- Saving the equivalent of over 140 passenger cars’ greenhouse gas emissions
All these savings were possible from just 500 LED recessed lights! We look forward to continuing to help our customers light up their homes and businesses with savings. Imagine the convenience and safety of never replacing a light bulb again!